travel advice & savings
 
RAIL PASSES GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICES at RAILPASS.COM Click Here
12 replies
Mixed dorm
gqstatus718c
gqstatus718c's profile picture
Member
MemberMember
Eurotrip Points: 93
Member: 6306
Joined: 06/18/2007
User offline. Last seen 10 years 27 weeks ago.

Ive never stayed in a hostel and it will just be me and my friend whats the sleeping like? Is it hooking up all the time or laid back? Just wanna know what to expect i am not a perv.

nivid
nivid's profile picture
Moderator
ModeratorModeratorModeratorModeratorModerator
Eurotrip Points: 1641
Member: 2316
Joined: 01/03/2007
User offline. Last seen 3 years 21 weeks ago.

Of all the nights i’ve spent in hostels, it happened once (in Edinburgh — it was a hot summer night[]).  So in my case, 99% of the time it’s just normal sleeping, chatting, and getting to know lots of interesting people.  But, it can happen.

And mixed dorms have nothing to do with it really, since it’s not necessarily going to be 2 of your roomates.  It might be someone one of your roomates drags home.

gqstatus718c
gqstatus718c's profile picture
Member
MemberMember
Eurotrip Points: 93
Member: 6306
Joined: 06/18/2007
User offline. Last seen 10 years 27 weeks ago.

thanks dude buit wouldnt that be wierd brining a girl back to the hostel and having everyone watching or do teh girls in europe not care?

mim
mim's profile picture
Moderator
ModeratorModeratorModeratorModeratorModerator
Eurotrip Points: 2362
Member: 235
Joined: 01/03/2007
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago.

I wouldn’t suggest bringing a non-hostel guest back to your hostel room.  While it sounds awfully romantic, it sort of goes against the hostel etiquette and most hostel’s rules.  If your looking to hook up, spring for a private room or know where the nearest linen closet is. 

I am leaving from New York, NY and traveling for 64 days
Reykjavik, London, Lille, Berlin, Kraków, Lviv, Istanbul, Selçuk, Pamukkale, Kızkalesi, Göreme, Kars, Bat'umi, Akhalts'ikhe, Tbilisi, Telavi, Istanbul

Eurotrip Managing Editor

heavydrinker
heavydrinker's profile picture
Eurotripper
EurotripperEurotripperEurotripperEurotripperEurotripper
Eurotrip Points: 722
Member: 2310
Joined: 01/03/2007
User offline. Last seen 10 years 7 weeks ago.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: gqstatus718c

thanks dude buit wouldnt that be wierd brining a girl back to the hostel and having everyone watching or do teh girls in europe not care?

 
it’s quite common, you can’t be shy when in Europe.  Try to get a top bunk, nothing more annoying than overweight americans shagging the shit out of eachother right above you

aether1515
aether1515's profile picture
Traveler
TravelerTravelerTraveler
Eurotrip Points: 242
Member: 4924
Joined: 01/03/2007
User offline. Last seen 7 years 11 weeks ago.

What the f*** is that supposed to mean heavydrinker?

delfrio
delfrio's profile picture
Eurotripper
EurotripperEurotripperEurotripperEurotripperEurotripper
Eurotrip Points: 1053
Member: 816
Joined: 01/03/2007
User offline. Last seen 4 years 9 weeks ago.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: gqstatus718c

Ive never stayed in a hostel and it will just be me and my friend whats the sleeping like? Is it hooking up all the time or laid back?


It’s about the same as staying in a single-sex dorm, by which I mean non-stop, all-inclusive orgies.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: gqstatus718c

Just wanna know what to expect i am not a perv.


To quote a wise little green man, “Ohhh…you will be, you will be.”

gqstatus718c
gqstatus718c's profile picture
Member
MemberMember
Eurotrip Points: 93
Member: 6306
Joined: 06/18/2007
User offline. Last seen 10 years 27 weeks ago.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: delfrio

Quote:
ORIGINAL: gqstatus718c

Ive never stayed in a hostel and it will just be me and my friend whats the sleeping like? Is it hooking up all the time or laid back?


It’s about the same as staying in a single-sex dorm, by which I mean non-stop, all-inclusive orgies.


Quote:
ORIGINAL: gqstatus718c

Just wanna know what to expect i am not a perv.


To quote a wise little green man, “Ohhh…you will be, you will be.”

 
 
Is that yoda?  i heard that the girls in france are very promiscuous is this true?

invalencia
invalencia's profile picture
New Member
New Member
Eurotrip Points: 38
Member: 6226
Joined: 06/03/2007
User offline. Last seen 10 years 51 weeks ago.

girls are girls, wherever
dont expect to be torn apart as soon as you land. If anything, this attitude will be an obstacle
 
bringing one to mixed dorm is not really an option since its not just exhibitionism, but also the dorms always smell awful of dirty socks
 
not very sexy
 
she’ll probably just drag you to hers
 
if she can’t you’ll just rent a double room somewhere relatively cheap. It will be more expensive than the dorm but hey – you got lucky, its worth the expense

dwop
dwop's profile picture
Traveler
TravelerTravelerTraveler
Eurotrip Points: 164
Member: 2879
Joined: 01/03/2007
User offline. Last seen 10 years 10 weeks ago.

i have mixed dorm in my hostel (48 bed)

we dissuade this sort of activity as IBRAHIM and MULLAHS have concerns over DECREASING MORALITY

gqstatus718c
gqstatus718c's profile picture
Member
MemberMember
Eurotrip Points: 93
Member: 6306
Joined: 06/18/2007
User offline. Last seen 10 years 27 weeks ago.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: invalencia

girls are girls, wherever
dont expect to be torn apart as soon as you land. If anything, this attitude will be an obstacle

bringing one to mixed dorm is not really an option since its not just exhibitionism, but also the dorms always smell awful of dirty socks

not very sexy

she’ll probably just drag you to hers

if she can’t you’ll just rent a double room somewhere relatively cheap. It will be more expensive than the dorm but hey – you got lucky, its worth the expense

 
haha hey thatd be great just as long as i don’t wake uip with a liver missing and an eyeball hanging down my face….thatd be a crazy story assuming i lived……i heard drag you to hers and got the crazy i dea of some bisexual freaky deeky dutch girls rooming together and me going to there place and winding up on some euro porn site

gabyrig
gabyrig's profile picture
Member
MemberMember
Eurotrip Points: 100
Member: 799
Joined: 01/03/2007
User offline. Last seen 9 years 51 weeks ago.

lol half of you are trying to scare the poor guy and half of you recruiting him into the devil’s camp. Hehehe…. me likes!
 
I’ve stayed in bunch of hostels. Not once have I heard or seen people do the big nasty in my dorm room. Though… I’ve heard moaning. Not sure what it was about even though I know the girl and guy were both in the same bed but it went on for a long time (3-4 hrs) and none of them was moving. I think the chick had some period cramp or something because no amount of “foreplay” can be that good!
 
One of my friends stayed in a hostel where a girl kept throwing up in her sleep all night long and didn’t wake up until the next day. Poor girl spent the night awake petrified. lol.
 
But hey… sorry, no big orgy happening in hostels especially not with outside guests. If you went with someone, I guess you can arrange to make it happen. I almost did it last year in Amsterdam (::shuuush:Smile. If you really need to get busy, just go somewhere else because I don’t care how shameless you are, it’s just embarassing.

gqstatus718c
gqstatus718c's profile picture
Member
MemberMember
Eurotrip Points: 93
Member: 6306
Joined: 06/18/2007
User offline. Last seen 10 years 27 weeks ago.

i guess your right but an orgy would be cool….and how do you join teh devils camp…are there alot of fat girls that do the dorm or fat ppl at that i wouldnt wanna get crushed in the middle of teh night