Visit the Pont-du-Gard. Free guided tour led by Martin along the ruins of the old aqueduct to the Pont-du-Gard! Conservative method (by bike or car): Go down to main highway, turn left and head toward Remoulins. Within a quarter of a mile will be a round-a-bout with entrance to park at the Pont du Gard. Locals park on the highway at no charge. This aqueduct bridge is so amazing that as soon as Napolean saw it he started its restoration. The French government has been putting money into it ever since. Go down below the bridge and have a picnic next to the river.
Adventurous method: (40 min on foot) Find the men playing boules in the town square. Notice the public restrooms across the street. Turn to the right and follow that street/road out of town toward the main highway and Remoulins. You will pass a natural fountain on the left (fill water bottles because it is a fountain of youth!). Keep going down to the main highway. Go straight across the highway and follow paved road past the round-a-bout. Follow the road up the hill. You will see aqueduct ruins. Check them out. Follow the ruins and turn left as they end. Follow the trail. If you seem lost keep going; the canyon is on your right with the bridge coming up!
*Walk to the cave wine co-op (10 min).
* Walk to stone quarries (15 min).
*Walk to Castillon (25 min).
* Visit Uzes farmers' market on Saturday morning. (10 min by car)
* Trip to Arles: (40 Min by car). Place where Van Gogh lived and painted. Trip to Nimes: (30 min by car): see Roman stadium, festivals.Trip to Avignon (30 min by car) art exhibitions, music, festivals, Palace of the Popes.
* Walk to the Gordon River (20 min).
* Bike ride to Argilliers, a neighboring village. Bikes available
Go to the Uzes farmers' market on a Saturday morning.
WE ARE SITUATED 28 KM FROM AVIGNON.