The eco-friendly Benwiskin Centre, holder of the EU Flower Ecolabel since 2008 is set in the shadow of Benwiskin Mountain Sligo, part of the Ireland's Dartry Mountain range, with the Sligo coastline a short distance away at Mullaghmore. The Benwiskin Centre invites those looking for hostels in rural Sligo to come and experience the beauty of the North West of Ireland.
Why visit the Benwiskin Centre Hostel?
Are you looking for hostels in Sligo or self catering in Sligo, then look no further? The Benwiskin Centre is an ideal base for your family to explore the North West. The Benwiskin Centre is a 26 bed Hostel and Self Catering Accommodation Centre in a rural village called Ballintrillick, which is in North County Sligo.
PLEASE NOTE: Check in time is AFTER 2.00pm on the day of your arrival and check out time is at 11.00am on the day of your departure. Please call during office hours on 00353 (0)71 9176721 and advise us if you expect to arrive outside of these hours. On settlement of your reservation fees, you will then be given the code for our door entry system whereby you can gain access to the building without a staff member being present.
The nearest village to the Centre is in Cliffoney (approx. 4 miles) so if you arriving by foot, you are advised to purchase your groceries in advance.
The Benwiskin Centre was an old school, which has been renovated, restored and extended and offers high quality self-catering accommodation as follows:-
• Accommodation for up to 26 - suitable for group bookings/workshops/family reunions
• 2 Double rooms - A double bed and a set of bunk beds (private)
• 3 Twin rooms - 2 single beds and a set of bunk beds (private)
• 1 Dormer room - 3 sets of bunk beds (shared)
• En-suite facilities in all rooms
• All bed linen is provided
• Children welcome
• Travel cot available on request
• Disabled access/facilities
• All ground floor rooms
• A fully equipped self-catering kitchen and dining room
• Tea/coffee/sugar/salt/pepper/cooking oil provided
• Common room with open fire, TV, video and DVD
• Small library
• Wash/dry laundry
• Barbecue area and garden
• Herb garden for guests use
• Recycling facilities
• Solar panels
• Central heating
• Bicycle hire service
• Drying area for wet gear
• Local tourist information available
• Private lockable lockers
• Private parking
• Open all year round
If you would like to hire the whole centre for a group or workshop, please contact the Centre for further details.